Google has taken over Alexa, Siri, and Cortana with its smart Google Assistant. It is said to be one of the most efficient voice search engine in the digital market. It has been through several local tests and updates from time to time. It’s globally loved because of its multi-device friendliness and a UX laid on the table.
But what is Google Assistant?
An Introduction To The Smart Assistant
This voice-controlled smart assistant was originally an upgrade of Google Now- an expansion of the ‘OK Google’ service. It was launched in May 2016 and was a part of Google Allo initially. Later on, the service was boxed for Pixel phones for quite some time.
But now, it can be used by anyone with Android Lollipop or above. You can even download the Assistant app if you are an iPhone user. And the best part is Google’s smart speakers are also powered by Assistant. You can render the service by long pressing the home button of your smartphone.
What Can Google Assistant Do For You?
You can ask your Google Assistant to do a list of things. I have enlisted a few of them-
Unlocking your phone- You can bypass pin and fingerprints unlocking by setting the voice command on your Assistant for unlocking your phone. In the Google Assistant settings:
- go for OK Google detection
- select trusted voices.
- Add the voices that can unlock the device with voice commands.
- Opening apps- If you find yourself busy and not in a position to access your phone, Google Assistant is there for you. All you need to do is ask the virtual helper to open the specific app.
- Searching Images- You can ask Google Assistant to search for a certain category of images from Drive or Gallery. If you want to see the images of a car, simply say ‘OK Google, show me the car pictures’ and rest the Assistant does for you.
- Advice On Activities- If you are planning for a weekend fun, the Assistant can be your best buddy. Ask Google Assistant to show nearby places for dinner, hangouts, or best places to chill. Among the list of places, all you have to do is choose the best one. You can also ask for suggestions regarding vacation spots near you.
- Have a personalized news feed- You can ask Google Assistant for reading out the headlines for you. You can also customize your news feed through settings. With Google Assistant, the all hot buzz and news can simply one ‘voice’ away.
There is a lot more you can do with Google Assistant. You can watch your favorite shows on Netflix, get sports scores and weather forecasts along with booking movie tickets. You can also make the Assistant play your favorite tracks and remind you of your appointments. The list is simply endless. So you see! With Google Assistant, your life is made so much easier.